Leaving a dream...

I believe a good book makes you question who you are and where your life is going. I also believe that when a book asks you questions, you should actually take the time to think about the answers. About 6 months ago I started reading the book, "What Happens When Women Walk in Faith" by Lysa Terkeurst. This is a fantastic book that talks about leaving the dream you have behind to make room for the dreams God as for you. All of Lysa's books talk right to my heart.

Page 30 and I had to put it down. I honestly wasn't ready to let go of my dream at that point in time. My dream was so good and so well thought out!! I just KNEW it was going to come together and I thought that God surely had his hand in this current dream.

Over the next few months...I watched my dream slowly fall apart. Jobs disappeared. Plans fell apart. People were not who I thought they were and my heart was broken. Everything I was so sure about was gone. Throughout this time I still felt God's comfort and assurance. "Michelle, I have something better than you could have dreamed, just wait."

I had been looking for Lysa's book over the past few weeks because I felt "ready" to continue reading it. I have begun to feel at peace about leaving that dream...or should I say, it left me. Cleaning out my backseat yesterday, which oddly holds many random missing items, I found the book. I was almost a little nervous to start reading again, last time I read this book I lost my dream. What could be next?

Sometimes, God gives us a little glimpse of what the future holds and let me tell you...I think I am in for a serious adventure. God knows me and my heart better than anyone, so it makes sense that he would prepare a dream for me that will be perfect.

I open the book this morning, page 31, Chapter Title, "God has a plan" I think that is a good sign. :o)

I promise to keep you updated on this "new dream" because I think it will be worth reading about.

Great Verses for this topic:

Ephesians 3 20-21
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask for imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

Jeremiah 29 11-13
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.

Go to www.lysaterkeurst.com to read about her other books. I have heard this women speak and I am on my 3rd book that she has written. She is a true, honest, real, Christian woman and I am a huge fan of her writing and speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment