the dollar bill offering

Something happened today and I have no way to explain it but I want to try.

First of all, yesterday was an amazing day with my husband. It was the kind of day that made me forget about jobs, paychecks, bills, emptiness, sadness, fear and anxiety. It was the kind of day that you hold your breathe hoping that it will never end. It may have been the best day in the past 2 or 3 years.

I was still on cloud 9 from the day before and church just felt so good today. The women singing sounded beautiful, it was a full house due to baby baptisms and all the great parts were there. One of my favorite songs, "The One Who Saves" was just starting during the offering time. I think it was this song but it was a bit of a blur.

We have been on hard financial times for the past 3 years but right now is the toughest spot we have been in. No matter what is happening, we always gave something at church. Some days it was $5 and some days it was the change in the bottom of my purse. Today was going to be a change kind of day and that thought was in my head when getting in the car. I had never done this before but I asked my husband, "Since we don't have any cash, let's bring in a few quarters" He responded with, "I have a dollar bill" and that was the end of the discussion.

Back to church. The music starts and he pulls out his wallet, takes the $1.00 bill and puts it in my hand. I don't know what happened but I was flooded with emotion. My first thought that ran through my head was "Lord, I would give it all" After that, the tears started flowing. Now, I am not one to cry in church on a regular basis so this was definitely out of the ordinary for me. I didn't even know why I was crying. I have plenty of reasons to cry and worry but this was a different cry. One that I haven't experienced before.

I know my God is faithful and I know He has carried us to this point and will continue to walk with us step by step. These are the only truths that I can get from this weekend..

1) My marriage is full...overflowing, exploding with love for each other and faith in our Lord.
2) God is right here, next to me. He is real and I can feel him.

Here is the song...maybe it will bless you like it did me today

No comments:

Post a Comment