This isn’t what I expected...not even close

It is June, the season of graduations! That was at least a few years ago for me but I find myself still getting a little excited as the buzz is in the air. I can’t help but think back to high school and college graduation and think, “I was CLUELESS!”   but somedays I’d love to go back to that state of dreaming and imagining what life would be like down the road. Since we can’t go back, my next thought is “this isn’t what I expected.” Are you where you thought you would be? Are you still close to those friends that you thought would be there forever? Is having a real job as fulfilling as you dreamed it would be? When I ask these questions my answers are no. Maybe I was naive or just a small town girl with big city dreams but I thought it was supposed to be a bit more glamorous?

As women, we like to plan just about everything. I like to know where I will be, who will be there and what will be happening... and when. This is definitely not the case because the only one who knows our steps is God himself. The older I get the more I am learning to rest of God’s plan for me because I am tired of planning, dreaming and being disappointed. I love the saying that God has 3 answers to prayers....yes, not yet or I have something much better in mind. Aren’t those exciting answers? I may not be where I thought I would be but that doesn’t mean I don’t like where I am. It is our choice as young women to look at our situation threw God’s eyes. We should praise Him for where we are and where we will be! I can plan all I want but His ways are perfect!


Now is when we make the choice to move from disappointment to trusting in the dream God has for you. A dream that you may have not even dreamed because it is WAY better than you would have imagined. Now, are you starting to feel that “graduation” excitement again? Ok, I know there aren’t cash gifts or a big party involved this time but there is so much more. I life of God sized dreams for girls like us. Cue the pomp and circumstance, grab some cake and celebrate!

Scripture

Ephesians 3 20-21
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.


 
2 Samuel 22:31 
This God—his way is perfect; the word of the Lord proves true;
he is a shield for all those who take refuge in him.

If you want to read more about leaving your dream to pursue God’s dream for you, read What Happens When Women Walk in Faith by Lysa Terkeurst  (http://www.lysaterkeurst.com/)  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment