The Start

I will start on Monday.
Once the semester is over, I will have so much more time to dedicate to getting healthy.
We just can't afford buying healthy food right now.
If eating a candy bar is the worse I do...well that is pretty good.
I deserve to eat whatever I want.

I could go on and on...I am sure that you have a list of your own. When I decided to change my life, one year ago, it was different. Not because I had found a new, cutting edge diet plan or some magic workout machine. It was different because I said so. I was in control this time and I knew that with God on my side, this could really...actually...for real...finally...be the real deal. You have to believe that this is the real deal for it to change your life like I know it can do.

I am not saying you won't have hard days...you will. I am not saying that the scale will always match your effort...it won't. But you must remember the beginning and the choice you made to make this time...different. There is more good ahead of you than you can even imagine.

Starting anything can be scary. I think I have "started" 500 diets over my lifetime. The word "start" would lead you to believe that there would be an "end" and there is not. There is no end to changing your life like this, which is why I think people get so freaked out about starting a "diet." Yuck, I still hate that word. This isn't a diet, it is a journey. A journey that never ends but just gets better and better.

One of my all time favorite lines form the book is "I'm not on a diet. I'm on a journey with Jesus to learn the fine art of self-discipline for the purpose of holiness" Lysa Terkeurst 


Self-discipline and holiness....wow, sign me up for that!!! 

As you prepare for this journey or maybe you already got started, do not get discouraged and keep pushing forward. God is so pumped that you have taken this huge step of faith to depend on him to get healthy. He has SO much in store for you! :o)

I will be posting on my blog every week now! We have women from all over the country reading the Made to Crave book and changing their lives! This is a place to get encouragement, share our fears and joys and to support each other. I am praying for all of you!

Please say a little prayer for me too. This Sunday I am sharing my story and showing my before picture to my entire church. I know the Lord will use this for His good...but I am still a little nervous. Anything worth doing for God..should make me a little nervous.

No comments:

Post a Comment