Prayer of a Ready Woman

I am in awe and almost speechless. Tonight, I saw the beautiful faces of women who took a huge step of courage towards changing their life. Real. Raw. Incredible women who reminded me of the first days of my journey. All I could write about tonight was the prayer that my heart desperately said to God in those first days. Maybe it sounds a little like your prayer...

Prayer of a Ready Woman

Lord, I can't do this on my own. I have tried and tried but I keep failing. I need your help but please, don't let me fall because I don't know if I can get up again. I am so tired of feeling this way and feeling like I can't beat this. I know this isn't the life You want for me.

My strength is gone, I need Your strength in me. My hope is almost gone, I need Your hope in me. My willpower  is weak and unreliable, I need Your mighty love.

I feel ashamed, I need your Grace.  I feel overweight, I need to see me how You see me. I feel lost, I need to find You. I don't know if I can get through this...but I am going to try with Your help.

Lord, I know that some days will be bad but remind me of the good days. Remind me that your mercies are new EVERY morning. Remind me that You love me too much to leave me where I am at today and that might mean that I have to deal with some difficult things.

This time will be different because my eyes are set on You. I am ready to take Your hand and walk through this with You. Don't let go of me, even when I act like I don't want You there.

I love You and trust You. This is going to be hard but I am ready.

                                                    Waiting for Tomorrow by Mandisa







No comments:

Post a Comment