Don't let me forget

It was only 7 days ago that I was surrounded by 650 Godly women all pursuing their "God sized" dream. Smiling faces we're guarenteed as you walked down the hallway and elevator conversations with strangers were the norm. I have never felt the Holy Spirit somewhere as strong as I did at the She Speaks Conference last weekend. By the time I was getting ready to leave...it felt like home.

All these women were truly my sisters in Christ and any one of them would stop in the middle of the hallway to pray with me if I asked. When you are there, you know that God is real. You can see him beaming through every women on stage and all of them in the crowd. Most women had a list of great ideas and projects to start once they got home...but I started to forget after only a few days back in the real world.

I know that this happens to other women who attended She Speaks but I haven't seen any blog posts about it. Within only a few days...I was back in reality and pretty consumed with earthly concerns. A doctors appointment on Tuesday gave me plenty to worry and obsess about. I misunderstanding of our credit card statement consumed me for days as I worried about money and bills. My job is wonderful and exciting but it can mentally drain me by the end of the week. To top off the week, an intense request from family that we will need to decline. I found myself shocked at how quickly I forgot the feeling of She Speaks. How quickly I felt like I was alone in this world and that my "God sized" dream was more of a fantasy that would never come true...when would I have time? This world is trying to suck me dry of any energy and ambition so I have nothing left to put toward this calling God has given me.

I am making a stand today...to not forget. I will keep my eyes fixed on You and I know that God will finish what he started. Distractions will be part of my everyday life but they don't need to derail me. 

Here are some highlights of She Speaks and thank you to so many of your who prayed and contributed to my scholarship fund. It was an amazing experience that I can't even begin to explain with words.

Most of your know the impact the Lysa Terkeurst's book Made to Crave had on my life. At this conference I had the chance to get to meet her and show her the progress I have made in the past 18 months. She was just as sweet and encouraging as I imagined. I can see Christ through her and she is an obedient women of God that I truly admire. She actually wanted a picture with me! It was so exciting!




This is a shot of the beautiful stage they had set up. Everything at this conference is done so beautifully by Proverbs 31 Ministries and the conference director LeAnn Rice.


There is a prayer room that gives you a quiet place to go set with Jesus. The P31 women pray over all of our names and then they place our name on one of the names of God. This was what my name was attached to.

There were a few women that I kept bumping into (out of 650 women total) and this was my friend Wendy Saxton. She speaks and writes about forgiveness and healing. She was always a smiling face and we kept encouraging each other all weekend. I wish I would have taken more pictures!






My beautiful roommate, Jen Buckner has a blog about being a mom, woman of God and how wonderful His grace is. I would love if you would check out her blog. She write beautifully and from the heart. She is one of the sweetest women I have ever met and I pray so many blessings on her!







Thank your again to everyone that showed support, encouragement, prayer and financial help to bring me to this conference. I am truly blessed to have such a supportive group of people around me!


This picture was taken just before I got to meet Lysa...can you tell that I am excited? :o) 

4 comments:

  1. Michelle! I can relate completely. I think we need to pray for each other even more now after She Speaks than we were beforehand! This week has been crazy for me, too! I am so glad you had such a great time at She Speaks & also got to meet Lysa! You are such a blessing! I'm so glad to know you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we still need to pray for each other! You have been writing so much and I am so proud of you!

      Delete
  2. I agree with Jen and it does happen to all of us. I never found the prayer room and don't know what name of God my name was on. I wish I had found the prayer room.

    You are keeping your focus on God exactly where it needs to be. You will notice that as time goes by you will refocus quicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe the picture above, is the message you were supposed to receive. :o)

      Delete