the 11th hour...

Today is the 1st of the month...the day that our mortgage is due. The past 3 months have been very challenging for us financially. For a few weeks I would stress out about it...then I would try not to think about it...then I would trust in God for a few weeks and this has been a cycle for the past 3 months and honestly the past 3 years. Well, this last month I was too tired to be stressed, too smart to ignore it and so all I was left with was trusting God. I remember my friends looking at me like I was crazy when I would simply say, "well, I don't know how we are going to make the payment but I trust that God will provide"
This was ok, till we have about 7 days left...due to the work God has been doing in my heart the past 3 months, I was able to say that with more and more conviction. August 30th came along and we had come to this conclusion:

"We are so blessed that God provided all that He did...It's not bad at all, that we just need to find a few hundred bucks from somewhere else. I was still very grateful and felt blessed that we had made it out with only a little in the red. I had actually celebrated that we had made it through the summer"

September 1st started rough...my alarm didn't go off but my dog's impatient bladder saved the day and woke me up just a little late. I knew it was the first and I had to go online and make the payment but I was debating where to get the little we didn't have. Credit line? Borrow from family? Credit Card? I had just put it on the back burner for the work day...

Well, something happened that never happens...I can't give details but a check was given to me. A check that had been in the making months and months before. If you knew all the circumstances...you would know just how unlikely this was to ever happen. It was what we needed and more...I broke down. I felt God blessing my patience and trust in His provision. It was much more than I could have every expected...not a life changing amount but it changed my heart. On the day the payment was due, my Jesus came through. This was just one miracle of the day and I will share the others later but this was so big for me.

God knows your heart and knows your needs. I felt so much joy today that I hope others can feel when God answers their prayers. He is there, He is real and He will provide. God is so good...today was the best day in a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment