Not Perfect but Forgiven

I wish I could be perfect for God. Perfect past and perfect future. That is impossible...especially considering the past. It seems even when I have the best intentions I can stray so easily. I find myself wishing that when I offer advice...I could say that I didn't give in and you shouldn't either...but that usually isn't the case. How can you encourage people to follow Christ if I can't do it right all the time? On the other hand, why should we take advice from people who didn't follow their OWN advice? It is a tough question that has been on my mind lately. A question that I am still not sure what to with...


While reading the "What happens when women say Yes to God" by Lysa Terkeurst today I came across something close to an answer:

God doesn't expect perfection from us, He expects a person humble enough to admit their weeknesses and committed enough to press through and press on.He will guide us past the doubts and fears and list us up to fulfill our calling.


I can do that...I can admit my weaknesses but still have the commitment to my Lord to press on and keep trying to glorify Him in all that I can do. It is through HIM that I will be able to rise to His purpose...and only through Him. I am already forgiven and covered in grace even with all my imperfections. That is pretty hard to wrap your mind around but it is true...today, tomorrow and forever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment