But God...I am so tired

There are some days when I feel exhausted after working 3 jobs but usually after a good night's sleep..I am back! Not this week...day after day I feel more tired. Physically...mentally...emotionally...exhausted. My prayer to God of "Please give me energy" is spoken many times a day. I find myself asking, "Will I have enough energy to fulfill God's plan let alone make it through today?" I have the desire and the obedience but how can I take on anymore?

I started wondering why God didn't make us stronger??? I could do SO much more for His glory if I wasn't so wiped out after the day is over!! We have to realize that we were never meant to carry the burdens of this life alone. God created us to be weak so we could find our strength IN Him! It is through Jesus Christ that all things are possible...ALL THINGS. Well, if God can heal the sick and save the sinners...I know He can give me all the energy I need to fulfill His plan for my life. All I need to do is trust Him. I truly believe that God will never give us more than we can handle and everything has a purpose. Every tear and every laugh has purpose.

When I am as tired as I am today...I find myself speaking to God almost on an hourly schedule. God please keep me stay awake while I am driving. God please help my students not be so nervous. God help me to not have a short temper with my husband....and so on. Maybe exhaustion's purpose is to bring us back to focus and remind us that the ALL things come from above. Even the ability to get out of bed, drive a car or make dinner. So next time you find yourself tired, really tired...stop and don't pray for a lighter load, just pray for a stronger back. He will take care of you and give you all the energy you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment