The Gain

Along this journey you will lose and gain many things..including pounds. I can't say it enough but I know it is hard to truly believe this...the number on the scale does NOT dictate your success. You can do everything right and still gain a pound or two on the scale. We need to change the thought process of when we look at those numbers. Here is a little glimpse into my mind when I get on the scale and see a gain...

Remove anything that could weigh even 1/10 of a pound....that includes the hair tie.
Step on scale....hold your breathe...that could help?
GAIN
Well, that wasn't what I wanted. hhhhmmm...
Did I make healthy choices this week? Most of the time
Did I try to walk or be active this week? Most of the time
Did I get closer to God this week? Yes!
Well, the other things will fall into place eventually and this number doesn't determine who I am...it is a new day today and I refuse to let this stop me!

I know that sometimes this dialogue can be a bit more negative but this would be a good example to follow. The "old me" would see a gain and see failure, defeat and hopelessness. Not anymore...I refuse to let those untrue feelings about myself let me get off track. Just because I feel them doesn't mean that they are true. I know my truth! 

There is another kind of gain when you get on the scale and see the pounds fall off. This is the gain of SO many things including strength, confidence, peace and the presence of Jesus in your life. I am not ashamed to say that I have done some dances in my bathroom after a great weigh in. I always lift my hands to the sky and thank Jesus for bringing me to this point. All the glory goes to HIM.

So hang in there ladies, rejoice in the gains and the losses. Say goodbye to the "old you" that would get discouraged and give up....that person isn't around anymore. She was replaced with a determined and confident Jesus girl!

This song is something I would listen to ALL THE TIME during my first months of weight loss...I hope it encourages you! If you don't know Mandisa's story, you should check it out. She read the Made to Crave book just like me and lost a lot of weight! She is still on her journey...

                                                              Mandisa "Say Goodbye"

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog...I just started following you! :) I also included you in my newest "blog tag". Check it out if you want to join in on the fun!!

    ReplyDelete